Pilates is a wonderful, whole body method of exercise. If you are thinking of trying it (which I highly recommend), seek out a qualified instructor who will guide you and tailor a plan for your body. The benefits of Pilates are numerous and you will feel and see the rewards, no matter what your fitness level is at the start.
Here are 10 things you should know when beginning a Pilates practice:
- You will find your abdominal muscles – ALL of your abdominal muscles!
- If it feels easy, you are not doing it right.
- What seems impossible at the start, will eventually become possible.
- You will have fun!
- Your brain will work just as hard as your body – maybe harder.
- You will learn to connect your breath with your movement.
- Your posture and body awareness will improve quickly – you might even feel taller.
- Your feet will get stronger – yep, that’s right, your feet.
- The muscles of your core are more than just the abdominals – and you will find ALL of those too!
- Pilates can be a lifelong journey for better health and fitness.